Monday, November 5, 2007

UEA Weekend

Over UEA weekend we decided to use our gift certificate to stay free in Wendover. I had never been west past Grantsville so I really enjoyed the scenery. I didn't realize how different the desert landscape could be.


My pictures start out leaving the Salt Lake valley. Notice how tall the vegetation is in each progressive picture.






This is Tooele Valley. I imagine this is what Salt Lake Valley must have looked like to the Pioneers.









As you travel farther west out of Tooele Valley the land becomes very flat because of the flooding of the Great Salt Lake. By the time we reached Wendover vegetation could not even grow. If I was going to film "Eragon" I would use the salt flats.


Here are Robert and I on the Salt Flats near Bonneville Raceway. We could not drive out to the race track though the ground is too soft from the rain. I guess people can only race when it is dry. (probably in July and Aug.)


Last of all here are Eric and I at the Pool. We had fun playing board games, swimming, eating at the buffet, and watching cable TV (all football and cartoons) We came home Tues. afternoon and had a beautiful drive.

No comments: