Thanksgiving always kicks off "The Holiday Season" for me. I love the lead up to Thanksgiving: which family are we going to, what food will I make, what food is everyone else bringing (ooo, someone made this yummy peanut butter pie, and a pumpkin cheesecake, heaven) what games will be played and Black Friday shopping with the Coopers.
Last weekend was so busy, but the good, fun, love my family, kind of busy. We spent Thus. at the Coopers eating, talking, playing games, looking at the ads, making our game plan, reviewing our game plan, making our husbands laugh at our obsession with the ads. (You don't think six copies of each ad is excessive, do you?) Got to bed at midnight on Friday, and was up at 4:15 am to bag the sales. With 7 of us to tag team the store, and cell phone, there wasn't much we missed. Not even breakfast at IHOP at 10 and on to more shopping. (We missed you Stacy, we really needed one more person at Walmart.) We all got back to Coopers around 3 in the afternoon. I took a nap. (can't imagine what could have made me that tired.) Ate left over turkey, and played games with the family until late, again.
The next day was "THE GAME" Eric lamented that he didn't have a BYU shirt and a Utah shirt that I could sew together half and half. So he could cheer for both teams. I guess he hears a lot of smack talk from his uncles and aunts and wants to make everyone happy by cheering for both teams. And a big thanks to Dera for hosting the party! Although I went shopping with my Mom during the game. (In my defence shopping is my sport, and Roberts Craft was having a 40% off your entire purchase sale that Sat.)
Sunday came bright and early, and I woke up with a sore throat, and head/neck ache. But who lets a little pain slow them down when their newest niece is being blessed? We loved seeing the other side of the family and hearing about their Thanksgiving. and Kaia looked like a little angel in her blessing dress. Every time I see her she looks cuter and cuter. Of course I couldn't hold her because I felt sick, but she got plenty of attention from all the rest.
We tried to get home so that Eric could go to bed early enough for school the next day. But it turned out that he woke up Monday morning with a sore throat, and head/neck ache. We went to the Dr. on Tues. to see if it was Strep, but it's not. And he is back at school today. Although he probably isn't feeling 100% yet, I don't think I can stand having winy-cranky-obstinate-board-boy at home one more day. The sore throat is getting better and hopefully we will be back to normal (if you can consider us normal) by Friday. I hope that Avery, and Paisley are feeling better too, and that no one else gets sick.
Anyway, that's life at our house this week, and I will be lucky if we can get over this and not have anything else this winter. I'll keep my fingers crossed. (Lucky Stacy, you missed the cold and flu season completely. I bet Rylee won't even get a cold her whole first year!)
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wish that was true. Rylee has had several colds here in Australia - but babies are supposed to get a cold every 6 weeks or something I have heard. Funny thing - Madi actually was complaining of a sore throat this morning before school. She wasn't running a fever or anything so I sent her to school and told her if she felt really bad to call me. Maybe you guys are sending your bugs down here via the web cam.
yes, it must be a computer virus, better call Dr. Mario
Kaia and I sure are glad to came to the blessing!
Post a Comment