Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Madness

We had a fun festive 4th of July Weekend: First we went to Eric's last swim lesson, he's now level 5! Then we went camping. Just the girls and the kids. Our favorite part... the cool mountain air. Above are some pictures I took of the wild flowers. (July is definitely the time for wild flowers in the mountains.)
On the 3rd we went to the Drive-in to see "Wall-e" and "Narnia-Prince Caspian". We popped a 5 gal. bucket full of popcorn and it was gone by the end of the movie. Here is a picture of some of the munch-mouths.
We went to see fireworks on the 4th at Sugarhouse park, with thousands of other people. And ate more popcorn. (as if we hadn't had enough the night before)
On Sat. we did our house-work and then went to a Birthday/BBQ/Baby shower Party at Annette's. (I made ramen salad) and we did our own little firework show for the kids. E. slept over with the cousins so he could go to B. birthday party on Mon.
By Sunday we were worn out with all the late nights, it made my 6-yr-old class at church seem almost calm, almost. We spent a quiet evening at the Coopers playing cards.

Today I retrieved E. and we are recovering from all the fun (E. fell asleep in the car on the way home!). Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone with Piano lessons early in the morning.

1 comment:

Janae said...

Looks like your Brother and Sister in law are expecting. Congrats to them. I am glad you had such a fun 4th weekend. Camping was a lot of fun, thanks for coming with us. I hope you are having a fun time at Bear Lake.