I promised a few of you an update about Eric's pinewood derby...
Eric designed and made his car himself. (Dad did help with the cutting, but everything else Eric did himself.) I think this car shows a lot of personality.
1. The Color: Bright and a bit wild
2. The weights: spare keys he collected at Grandpa's house, of course he collects a whole lot of everything :)
3. The number: independence?
OK I don't know why he came up with that particular number. Everything else about the car, not a big suprise, but that number? The judge said "It needs a number." I said to Eric, "Pick a number any number you want and write it on your car." You see, no micromanaging, just good fun. And look what he comes up with. It is not my fault, the number was already written, before I relized what he was writing. And you can't say to a little boy who just wrote in permanent marker that the number he picked is well... you know. So you just smile and tell him how great his car is and how much fun it is to watch race.
No comments:
Post a Comment