Saturday, September 26, 2009

Today

Annette wanted a pie for her Birthday.
Today I made an apple pie, it was beautiful.
I was looking forward to a piece.
I went to the store.
Eric took it out of the oven for me.
It was hot.
It slipped out of his oven mitts.
It landed on it's side.
He used a queen sized sheet to clean it up,
Sort of.
He was hiding it from me by sitting on it when I came home.
He says it is still eatable.
I think he may be right.
I put it back into the pie plate,
sort of.
It is no longer beautiful, or an apple pie.
I am debating if I should still have a piece.
I really love pie.... (sigh)
Excuse me while I go make a cherry pie for Annette.

2 comments:

Janae said...

That was the funniest thing I have ever read. Why don't you blog more often?

Did you eat the "pie"?

julie&dennis said...

I'm sorry I was in Virginia and didn't get a phone call account of your frustration:) At least he tried to help! How did the cherry pie turn out?