
So Wed. night Ben calls me and asks if I am going to be home all night. Very mysterious. Annette calls me and asks if I know if Mom and Dad got their mission call today, I think "Oh yeah, I was going to call and ask." So after I hang up I call home, but Sam is the only one there and he sees that I mission call is on the counter in the kitchen but he is trying not to look at it because Mom and Dad are at the temple and he doesn't know if they want to tell him themselves. So I called Mom on the cell, they are just leaving and say they will come out and tell us in person, they have been at Ben's telling him (he gets to know first because he and Megan are living in their house while they are gone). So I have to wait about 15 min. and when they get here Mom makes Dad whistle a song, that apparently is Mele kelekimaka? (the Christmas song from Hawaii) So now we all know and are excited for them, and Mom knows that she doesn't need any winter clothes for the mission. Rain slicker and galoshes are going to be hard to find in Jan. They leave to the MTC on Feb. 4th. Wow that Missionary Dept. doesn't waste any time. So congratulations to them, I know that wherever they serve they will give 100%.
4 comments:
Congratulations, that is so exciting, Hawaii too, that is great, they are still close to home. They will be awesome Missionaries. Wish them luck for us!!!
That is super!! What a great place to serve a mission. You remember Sophie right? That is where she is living right now. I can give you her e-mail if you want me to.
Tell them congrats!!!
It would be worth it to go and visit. It is such a beautiful place. I keep telling Kev that we are stopping there when we move back for a little vacation. We will see if that actually happens.
Your parents are going to be great missionaries tell them congrats.
Sweet! I guess you will need to start saving for Hawaii! Just you and Robert, thats what I think.
Post a Comment