Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ouch...



Snips and snails and puppy dog tails.
That's what little boys are made of.



Wings and springs and crazy things.
That's what Eric is made of.

Tickles and play and instacare copays
That's what his dad is made of.

Cuddles and sighs, and why do I try?
That's what his mom is made of.

Sat. we went to the Elder's Quarm party. When we got there I told Eric he needed to stay in the gym. Well in the first ten minutes he comes back into the gym from a classroom,
with a paper towel on his cheek. (ah-oh sound effect) He is all serious, not crying, just serous. "Mom, I got hurt." just as calm as can be. He cut his cheek on the metal tray at the bottom of a chalkboard. It was bleeding so I sent Robert out to the car for the first-aid kit. Pinched it back together, (because it was gaping every time Eric talked) and slapped a butterfly bandage on it. "So Eric," I said, "Do you want to go to the instacare now or eat dinner here and go after?" (insert winy voice here for Eric) "Why do we have to go to instacare?" (insert voice of patients of saint here for me) "Because I don't want to have to call you 'Scar'." (think Lion King) He chose to go after dinner. After all they were serving hot dogs (insert voice of sarcasm here) and who would pass up hot dogs.

Did you notice that I carry butterfly bandages? Its from experience. I'm on my second box you know. I bet you didn't know that butterfly bandages are the only band aids that don't stick permanently. They come off way too easily, and the ones you want to come off takes a layer of skin with it when you rip it off.

I also have to put a plug in for "Dermabond". What did mothers do in the old days when the Dr. had to stitch up every cut? Its so much easier to tell your little boy the Dr. is going to "glue" your cut, then to tell him the Dr. needs to sew it up. We have done the stitches too, glue is so much better. Three cheers for Dermabond!

Now go out there and live life on the edge! (Just not the chalkboard edge.)

3 comments:

Travis said...

Nice cut, I can't say that I've ever had one that bad, I've never had anything bad enough to get stitches, although I did stab my hand, on accident of course, with a butter knife once.
Travis

Brandon and Julie said...

I like it, hey I have a scar on my face from let me think, oh that is right ROBERT.... he got me with his toe nail. Gross I know, but what can you do sometimes. Good luck eric with the glued face.

Travis said...

Nice visual of it flapping open when he talks. That is pretty darn funny and gross!
janae