My sister Amy lives in Lehi. One of the great things about the city is it has a Reading Center. You can sign up to take classes and it is completely free. Both of her kids have learned to read here, and with so many young children in the schools it is a wonderful resource for kids that need extra help, and adult too. The woman who started this reading center is Hesther Rippy. This 70 year old woman has been nominated for the national Woman of Worth award, if she wins, the reading center will get a $25,000 donation. The winner is selected by online votes, so please help this wonderful lady win. Vote for her at www.womenofworth.com before October 15, and be sure to tell your family, friends, and anyone else to vote for her!!! P.S. you enter your email address but they promise not to use it for anything else. Just click on the address to vote.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, I voted, I was going to get something going to keep voting, but they only allow one vote per person which is validated by an email address. So I guess one vote is all I can do.
Travis
Someone asked me to vote for someone else (can't remember who, sorry) so I can't vote again darn it. May the best lady win, although I can't remember the other lady I voted for, whoops!
Post a Comment