Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thanks Ben for suggesting miniature golf for Labor Day. We went out to lunch at Ab's, played a round of miniature golf and then went to Mom & Dad's and bottled peaches. (Too bad peaches don't go on holiday.)

Last night that big storm knocked out the power. So we spent the evening reading by candle/flashlight. It's kind of fun doing the same old things with a different twist.

Robert has been read Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows to Eric and I. We are at the part where Harry has just returned to Hogwarts and is looking for a horcrux. Eric thinks the missing mirror is hiding a horcrux. Eric also thinks that now Harry has two wands he can do double stunning spells now. We read the title to the next chapter which is "Snape Sacked" Eric thinks Snape is fired because Harry got into Hogwarts... We'll see. One of the Death Eaters tried to summon Harry's invisiblity cloak but it didn't work. Eric laughed, he likes it when tricky things happen. He also told me that Ravenclaw's diadem is probably under the trick stair at Hogwarts. And that the golden snich might have a horcrux inside. I get a kick out of listening to his ideas. The only problem is he lays in bed and instead of going to sleep, he thinks about the story.

NEW BABIES
We have a lot of new babies that joined our family this week. Janae and Travis have Regan as of Wed. then Paul and Jen delivered their little girl the next day. And the cherry on top was Kaia born on Sat., congratulations Annette and Adam. I wonder if the lunar eclipse had anything to do with it.


3 comments:

Travis said...

so the whole Harry Potter thing lost me. I really tried to read it (not the book, just your post) and didn't recognize any names except Harry Potter. I guess I should read the books. That sounds fun reading my flashlight...I hope our power goes out.

Annette said...

I think the lunar eclipse did have a lot to do with all the babies. That's what all the nurses said too. Kaia's doing well and already weigh's 6lb! Of course that's with the diaper and towel.

Stacy said...

Eric has quite the imagination!! Loved the book. Kev is about to the same spot you guys are.