Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stake Play

Our Stake puts on a play every five years. This year it is Fiddler on the Roof. Eric and I are towns people and Robert is playing the Bass in the orchestra. During the time we are not on stage (Which is most of the second act.) This is what Eric likes to do (left).


I love the music, except for Anatevka which got stuck in my head for three days straight, and put me off the whole song. Eric is having a lot of fun with the other kids. His favorite part is "the Dream". You will have to come see it to find out why. I think that is my favorite scene too.

Play practice has kept us very busy, we practice three days a week for 3-4 hour each day. Luckily the play is Sept. 20th(7:00pm) and 22nd(2:00pm), I'll be glad to get my evenings and Sat. mornings back.

Robert's sister Dera and her family are also in the play. She is the pianist for the whole thing, and she does an amazing job! So while the two Coopers are down in the "pit" the rest of us are a family up on the stage, its pretty fun. This week we are adding costumes to the rehersal and next week we will begin practicing on the stage at the high school.

You are all invited, and it is free! Seating is first come, but there are probably 1,000 seats so I don't think it will be a problem. They are asking that children under 8 not come because it is a very long production. If you need more info. email me.


2 comments:

Stacy said...

You guys look great!! Wish we could come and see the end result. I am sure that it will be great!!

Travis said...

Costumes look great! We are very excited to see it.
Janae