I wanted to tell everyone about our vacation. (I hope nobody thinks I am bragging, I'm not trying to. I just love hearing about what other people are doing and I hope you like hearing about our family as well.)
We (Robert, Me, Eric, and Sam) left Mon. morning at 4:15 am. I thought Eric would sleep until the sun came up but he had a hard time because he was so excited. I on the other hand slept much of the morning.
The problem with going to Disneyland in Feb. is the snow. When we drove through Beaver and Cedar City the roads were icy. There was a bad wreck on one of the hills north of Cedar. (kind of scary)
We made it safely to St. George, and had breakfast at McDonald's. Eric played on the deserted playground until we were done eating and ate his breakfast in the car. (all part of the plan to stop as few times as possible.)
We made a few bathroom breaks and stopped to eat lunch and play tag in Barrstow. We got to Anaheim about 3:00 pm. Checked into the hotel and walked across the street to Disneyland.
We had a great time some of Eric's favorite rides were: Space Mountain (the dark roller coaster), Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Indiana Jones, The Tower of Terror and his most favorite was California Screamin'.
My favorite was the Tower of Terror. I love the free fall feeling. As Eric puts it "I was hovering over my seat!" The first time we went on the T of T I rode next to Bonnie. She did not like it at all. I like some of the slower rides also like the Fairytale Canal Boats and Peter Pan's Flight.
We didn't think much would scare Eric, on the rides, but we forgot about his uncles. When we went on the Indiana Jones ride he sat between Adam and Sam, who made it scarier than it normally would have been. He refused to go on it again that day. But the next day his Dad talked him into trying it again. "I conquered my fear Mom!" he told me. And now he loves it. Although he looks down when the ride goes past the statue (if you look into it's eye, according to the film (in the cue line) you get lost in "The Temple of the Forbidden Eye.") And he ducks when the darts are "shooting" at you. (air blows past) I think we rode it 4 times.
The crowds were really small. The longest line we waited in was 45 min. for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. It was a neat ride but way too long line. Most of the mornings and evenings you could get on a ride in under 15 min. It was really nice because we could ride some of the big-attraction rides more than once. And we could ride Buzz Lightyear over and over trying to get a higher score. Sam of course got an insanely high score. (You get a "laser" and are trying to hit targets, the ride keeps score for you.)
In the slide show you can see the Jedi Training Academy. This was a show we saw on Wed. Eric, Sadie and Brigham were picked out of the audience to participate on stage. It was fun to watch how seriously Eric was taking his training. At the end of the training each padawan had the chance to fight Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Eric did an excellent job remembering his training during the fight. The force was strong with our younglings.
The weather was really nice the first 3 1/2 days. It was 80 on Wed. but on Thurs. afternoon the wind started to blow. Fri. was cooler around the high 60s, and Sat. when we went to the beach it was too cold to stay more than a few minutes.
Over all it was a great week! It was fun to have almost everyone there, and to make fun memories with everyone.
Our worn-out family drove back Sat./Sun. We stayed with Uncle Pete in St. George Sat. night.
We had a great time, but Robert and I have decided that Disneyland is great every 4 years or so. Eric begs to differ.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad you posted pictures. I liked the one of Eric and mickey ears the best!I am glad you had a lot of fun. You deserve it, you worked hard for that vacation! Oh I am getting so excited for our Disney Days!!!!
I agree with Eric - you should go as often as possible! When we get back we should all go - that will be about four years so it will fit into your "plan". Glad you guys had a great time. It is truly the "Happiest Place on Earth!"
Post a Comment